Amazon

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day two results and more

I just completed day two out of the 12 week program on my way to bench press 300 pounds. Day 2 is the same as the first day but my body was feeling worn after day 1. I was able to finish all the exercises without difficulty but the dips were starting to wear on me. I was feeling it in the middle of 17 dips.

I have one more day of the first easy week, then week 2 changes up the weight and the order.

In the last few weeks, I've been thinking about making a podcast. I listen to podcasts so much that I just want to try my hand at making one. I'm not sure all the topics I'll cover but I'll follow the normal format. Intro, personal stories, sponsors, at least one news story, and probably a video game or movie review.

So, I'll share a preview of one of the stories I'll include in the podcast. It is the story of when I was teaching my friend Cindy how to skate.

I knew this girl a few years ago when we were close. At that time, we were just talking to each other about everything and she was really interested and liked that I was a skateboarder. She always wanted to learn how to ride. Because of this, I decided to meet her at a public skatepark and show her how to ride.

Now, I knew better. I was just going to teach her how to ride, how to stop, how to turn, and how to carve. I wasn't going to do anything ridiculous like try to teach her how to trey flip or to nollie heel. I wasn't going to try to get her hurt or anything.

I gave her my board and told her to keep her front foot on the board and push off with the back foot. And she was doing pretty good. She got moving and was cruising forward. Then she started leaning to the right. And she kept leaning. Then she completely fell over and smacked her head on the ground.

It was at that point, I was thinking maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

I'll finish this story in the podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment