Amazon

Sunday, December 25, 2016

The seven month contract (part 4)

Since it wasn’t directed at her, she responded by talking about the story when her friend Beth had sex for the first time. Beth was so nervous about getting pregnant that she used a pregnancy test and asked Julia to use the same test just to make sure it was accurate. I had to ask how Beth’s first time was. And Julia said that the first time always hurts but the second time was really good. It felt very easy to talk to Julia about this. She even felt comfortable enough to tell me some of her embarrassing stories.

Towards the entrance of the park, there were a few benches next to the bathrooms. As she was sitting down, I told her one story about a time when I was in high school and sort of flirting with this one girl I liked. The girl’s name was Cindy and she asked me to sit next to her during class. Instead of doing that, I walked over to where she was sitting, put my hands behind her back and under her thighs, and just lifted her out of her seat. While the teacher wasn’t looking, I carried her back over to where my friend and I was sitting and placed her in the seat next to me. I told Julia this story because she was sitting in a position where it was easy to grab her and carry her. She expected nothing as I placed my right hand behind her back and my left hand under her legs and was holding her in my arms.

“Please don’t drop me.” She yelped in my arms.

“Funny. That girl from high school said the exact same thing.” I held her tight.

I touched her and I got her to talk about sex. Things looked like they were going well.

Days at work had gotten better. With flexible hours, I could leave my house at 6:45 AM and arrive at the office to clock in at 7:30 AM. Around 12 PM or 12:30 PM, I would clock out for lunch and drive over to a fast food restaurant. I usually spend about $7 to $8 on a spicy chicken sandwich with fries and a soda. I’d only take 30 minutes for lunch and clock back into work at 12:30 PM to 1 PM. I’d then work until 4 PM and start driving home. At 4 PM, I could make it back home in about 45 minutes and I’d be at home at 5 PM and have 7 hours to enjoy myself before going to sleep at midnight.

For the first few weeks, I was just moving files and organizing them for other staff members to analyze loan amounts. I was getting more money than I ever had made before and I was content. I was almost happy even. Throughout my entire time there, I only used the phone maybe five times to contact the help desk to get my passwords reset. Gone were the days of angry customers complaining about late payments or missing forms. About once a week, we had a team meeting that was announced through email.

March 2012
For the month of March, I spent a total of $825.03. I was over budget by a few hundred dollars but I felt okay to spend again because I would be working again. My insurance premium was $203.40. I spent $213 on gas by filling up my tank 6 times. My new commute was miserable. Mornings were okay but coming home in the evening would take me 2 hours. It got to the point where I had to fill up my tank twice a week because I was spending so much time in traffic. I spent $165.05 on fast food by eating out 18 times. I spent $65 on business related expenses. The cost was to file an application to be approved to sell insurance. I spent $21.94 on new clothes. I also spent extra money going to some restaurants with friends before my employment started.  

April 2012
For the month of April, I spent a total of $1443.61. I experienced more car problems. While driving a friend home, all the electricals on my car started going crazy. My power locks went on and off. My lights flashed on and off. My power steering started to go out as well. I took my car into the shop to get it serviced at the cost of $620. This was the point when my parents started to try to convince me to buy a new car. My insurance premium was $203.40. I spent $225 on gas by filling up my tank 7 times. Gas at this point in time was more expensive. It was more than $3 a gallon and I was always buying premium which was about $.40 to $.60 per gallon more expensive. I spent $202.57 on fast food by eating out 23 times. At this point in time, my mom took a vacation to visit Taiwan so I was eating more fast food as I didn’t want to cook or wash dishes. There was also a place that sold chicken biscuits for breakfast and chicken sandwiches for lunch right next to my office. I really liked the place and ate there a lot.

May 2012
For the month of May, I finally got my expenses down to a reasonable level. I spent a total of $649.24. My insurance premium was $203.40. I spent $251 on gas by filling up my tank 7 times. I spent $98.26 on fast food by eating out 15 times. I spent $5.50 on a coloring book and some crayons for a date that I went on with Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment