Amazon

Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday Night Humor: County Jail Gets 2.1 out of 5 Stars

A few people I knew were sentenced to prison recently. While I didn't know them very well, these were people that I had the chance to talk to every few months. The one guy I knew, well it was unsuspected. He seemed like a very fine upstanding citizen. While he had a less than perfect criminal background, it was shocking to see him commit the crimes he did.

I searched him up online and found multiple pictures of his mug shot. Not only that, but the articles showed which correctional facility he would be held at for a long long time.

Oddly enough, prisons have star ratings on Google. Yes, even prisons get rated along the side of coffee shops, spas, and restaurants.

The county jail had over 55 reviews and I guess it got a lot of ratings as it had been shown on TV. And 2.1 stars seemed pretty good for a prison however I noticed several joke reviews that seemed to push the rating upwards. Such reviews included the following.

"Great place to stay. Free lodging and meals. Free cable TV. I expect to return very soon. 5 stars."

"Panic button doesn't work and not enough women. 2 stars."

"They didn't have splenda for my coffee. The food was not as expected. The mattress was too soft. Lack of activities to do. The pool was never open. The massage therapists had rough manly hands. I just can't give this place more than 3 stars. 4 stars is definitely pushing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment