Amazon

Monday, December 22, 2014

Thirst for freedom

Lately, I've found myself listening to a lot of MGTOW videos on youtube. With all the work I have to do everyday, I have the opportunity to listen to a lot of podcasts. Often time, I'll view an entire users work and have to wait for new content to come out. In the meantime, I can look for other channels and podcasts to listen to.

In the last week, I just finished listening to all of the videos from Ravishing Rick Rude. His work is great. I love the intro and that this guy pretends to be the actual wrestler. The funniest thing I remember him saying was the ancient aliens girl from the types of girls you find online.

I thought to myself why I was listening to so many MGTOW videos and then I realized it. Most of the MGTOW videos I listen to talk about freedom, keeping your freedom, or becoming free. This videos promote the ideas of getting your finances in order, avoiding dangerous life threatening traps, or improving your current situation. Becoming something better.

I then started thinking about this. Where else is freedom promoted? Where else can I find media promoting freedom outside of the manosphere?

It sure isn't found in the school systems. The school system never teaches you how to live your life or how to plan your finances. Freedom isn't promoted by the government. The federal government encourages you to put money in plans such as the IRA or 401k which locks your money away until you are in your 60's. The government uses tax breaks and the possibility of good returns at the cost of your liquidity.

Freedom isn't found in our legal system. When a person gets fired or arrested for having an unpopular opinion, this isn't freedom.

Freedom isn't found in our media. Media can trap a man on average for a few hours a day preventing him from working on more useful or productive projects.

Our country was founded because a bunch of guys raised hell over a small tax over tea. Why does it seem like most Americans today just don't care about being free?

Sure, today we aren't starving to death and there isn't some dictator holding a gun to our heads forcing us to harvest potatoes but are we really free?

Until I make it to the day where I can wake up and realize that I can spend the next 16 hours doing whatever I like until I fall asleep, I'll still be thirsting for my freedom.

I'll still be working. I'll still be out there grinding through traffic, working 12 hours a day, and working weekends collecting every resource I can.

Until I earn enough money to finally buy the level of freedom I want, I'll still be listening to these videos for encouragement and waiting for my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment