Amazon

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lets all go to space

As a little kid, I was pretty big into action cartoons. Each day when I got home, I'd drop off my backpack and turn the tv on to see some DragonBall Z, Gundam Wing, or whatever else was on toonami. In between shows, toonami would air these motivational speeches/montages. I've linked to them below.

Space is the Place

Dreams

To hell with fear

These bumps were were there just to fill up some extra time and build up hype for the shows but I saw these on almost a daily basis. Broken Promise (dreams) aired when I was 13 but the message stuck for a long time.

Choose the path you want to walk in life. Realize there will be multiple obstacles that will get in your way. Do everything you can to keep moving forward. Keep making progress.

I'd find myself watching the video up on youtube during my early 20s. Nothing in life is ever guaranteed, but you have to do the best you can and see what you can accomplish.

Space is the Place is the montage I was thinking about in the last few weeks at work. The whole idea of blasting off into space and leaving everything else behind kind of feels what it is like when you decide to go your own way and free yourself of whatever is chaining you down.

Whether it is an oppressive government, copious amounts of debt, a miserable job, a toxic relationship, or mind numbing pop culture; escaping that nonsense feels just like blasting off into space. Out in space, you are free to pursue your own interests further or seek new hobbies.

While there is some comfort to be found in materialism, empty relationships, and internet trivia; these are things that will keep a man from freedom.

Free yourself of what is holding you back and blast off into space. Choose your freedom and go and explore what is out there. While it may not be as grand as orbiting Mars, the world is a very interesting place. Sitting at a computer, you can look up tutorials on how to repair cars, edit videos, publish books, play a guitar, cook chickens, and everything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment