Amazon

Sunday, November 23, 2014

How much do you have to write to make blogging your job?

Everyone wants to find an easy way to make extra income or get a job that requires little to no effort. Unfortunately, nothing in life ever comes so easy. Its not like you can just slap some banner ads up on a website and get instant ad revenue.

But there are many people that I follow that have turned blogging into a full time job thus completely freeing themselves from having to work a 9-5 office job.

After listening to these men, it made me really want to try it out. Start up a blog and see where it goes from there.

I started out November of last year and here are my following results.

Posts 79
Total Views 6000
Total money earned $.92

92 cents earned. Well, its progress. Better than a goose egg.
To be honest, I'm much more interested in looking at the page views. They kind of feel like the achievements or trophies you can collect when playing video games.


So, from the older wiser men, the key to being a successful blogger is to do the following.

1. Write a lot
2. Network a lot
3. Develop a large following
4. Create a product you can sell to a loyal following
5. Monetize your content


Taking things one step at a time, I'll focus on topic number one.

I was listening to Matt Forney say that you have to write a lot. It pretty much has to be a full time job. If you don't put in the effort, then you won't get any money.

So I was wondering how much is alot?
I know that it is more than I am doing right now, but how much more.

How could I find out?

Easy. I could just look at a successful blogger and see how much they wrote. The sidebar of blogger will breakdown how many posts the writer wrote year by year. So, I decided to check out CappyCap's history.

In his first year, 2005, he had 151 posts. That comes out to 12 to 13 posts a month.

In years 2006 to 2011 he had a range of 400 to 700 posts per year. That would make it 33 to 58 posts per month.

In 2012 to the current year, he has been making 900 to 1000 posts per year. That comes out to about 80 posts per month.


So when Matt Forney said you have to write a lot, it will become a full time job.

It is going to be a long road ahead but let's see what happens.






No comments:

Post a Comment