Amazon

Monday, August 10, 2015

Short list of No Go Zones

The No Go Zone is a concept created by DT and The Man at The Black Brigade. Essentially, a no go zone is a place that is so deplorable or mismanaged that is is encouraged to completely black mark the area and avoid it completely. Don't live there, don't visit or vacation there, don't support the area, and try not to buy anything produced in that area.

I've thought about putting a short list of places to remind myself to never go to for various reasons.

California - the "yes means yes" law
New York City - arresting men for taking up too much space in seats on subways
Detroit, Michigan
Portland, Oregon
Baltimore, Maryland
Ferguson, Missouri

That last one was sticking in my mind for a little while but then I saw the news headlines as I was buying coffee this morning. Apparently, it was one year since some guy got shot by a cop after robbing a gas station for a box of cigars. Now, I remember the riots being covered on the news. I remember seeing coverage of cop cars being set on fire and looters were stealing toilet paper and Doritos from CVS. What I wasn't expecting that protests and riots would happen on the one year anniversary. But since this is a thing, I guess this will become an annual event and I'll see the same thing on the news in 2016. Since this is happening, I am going to guess that the same thing will also happen in Baltimore, Maryland in April of 2016.

These two cities aren't safe. Avoid at all costs and try to get out of there if you live there already.

1 comment: