Amazon

Saturday, May 10, 2014

The stuff I'm afraid of

My whole life, I'd have to say at least half of my motivation to do or achieve anything has been fear of something happening.

When I was younger, I came to the conclusion that if I didn't take the advanced classes in high school and go to college; I could expect to end up living homeless on the streets where I would eventually starve to death and die.

I was 14 to 16 at the time, I wasn't quite aware of how much welfare the United States provided.

I did my best to study as hard as I could, get the best grades I could, and maybe I could get accepted to college and have a chance for survival.

Nowadays, my biggest fear is the country falling to pieces because of expanding government, welfare programs, reduced economic growth, and fiscal irresponsible policies of the government.

I do my best to work hard, save up all the money I can, avoid any kind of debt, and keeping my expenses as low as possible.

In both instances, there were things I could control and things I could not control.

I could study hard or save lots of money. I can plan my entire life on spreadsheets and follow my plans as diligently as possible.

Despite all of that, I could get killed in a car accident tomorrow.

There are just lots of things that fall out of your control.


What is the best way to deal with fear?

I guess if you can do something about it, it might make you feel better.

Maybe the economy will collapse in the next 5 or 10 years.
Maybe the price of everything will become 10 or 20 times more expensive.
 That part is out of your control.
But if you feel like this is a threat, maybe it would be a good idea to start stocking up on some extra food.

Buy some precious metals, stock up on supplies, convert some paper money into tangible goods.

Go ahead and buy this stuff today when it is cheap. Buy it before prices increase.

Maybe you might want to research other countries and see if expatriation is an option.

If America falls apart, we are all going to be screwed. But if you spent a little time preparing for it, you might be able to cope with it a little better.




No comments:

Post a Comment