Amazon

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Choose Freedom

After health, the most important thing to me is my freedom.

The last time I can remember being truly free was when I was four. I could do what ever I wanted as I pleased. I never had to do anything I didn't want to.

Then my parents told me I would have to start going to school.

Over the last year, I've heard about a movement called MGTOW (men going their own way).

After viewing several videos, I can summarize the movement as follows.

It is a philosophy where you abandon women. You don't pursue them, they aren't anywhere close to the most important thing in your life.

It is apparent that many men in the movement have been screwed over in the past by women and these videos and blog posts are created to provide younger men with the knowledge to prevent them from making the same mistakes.

The divorce rate in this country is more than 50%.
Around 70 to 80% of divorces are initiated by the women.
The US legal system prefers women over men and in turn screws over men in family courts.
It is possible for college age girls to get away with false rape acquisitions which will destroy a man's repuation.
The list of risks just keeps going on.

All this stuff is just common sense to me. I've grown up during middle school, high school, and college hearing stories about divorce, single parent households, and lives being destroyed.

I also knew that getting involved with another person would cost  a lot of money.

Children require time, effort, and materials. They eat lots of food, need clothing, diapers, and medical costs.
Child care isn't cheap.

Even building a family will take a lot of resources.
More people means more living space is necessary. Houses need to be furnished. A minivan or SUV might be needed.


What all this comes down to is sacrificing your freedom for someone to love.

Freedom. Money requires work. Ever since I was little, I had a vague suspicion that work might suck.
And I was right.

What I don't see enough of is men wanting to free themselves of working a corporate job.

Having to wake up at an early hour, endure traffic, sit at an office for 8 to 10 hours a day, endure the frustration of dealing with other people, and enduring traffic to get back home is one of the worst kinds of hell I can think of.

Yet, most men will put up with this for 40 years.

If there is a pure reason to go your own way, I think this is the reason.

The avoidance of work seems like the true motivation for a man to try to live as much of a minimalist life as possible.

Don't buy houses you can't afford.
Make sure not to buy something stupid like a BMW, Mercedez, Lexus, or Porche.
Don't go to college for a worthless degree.
Don't take any unnecessary debt, burden, or risk you don't have to.

Of course, money is necessary to function in this society.

Most men will have to endure some time in the corporate world. But by keeping spending down to the bare minimum and rejecting materialism, it is much easier to save more money in order to buy your freedom.

With some proper planning, you can free yourself from having to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment