Amazon

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Finding Multiple Sources of Income

Just by living in today's economy, each man deals with risk every day. Job security isn't as strong as it was decades ago.

For this reason, I'd encourage everyone to think about different ways to find more sources of income.

I've been a skateboarder for more than ten years. When I was a broke high school kid, it was important for me to find skateboards at a cheap price.

I found a website online where you can buy decks whole sale. You could get 10 decks for $145.

Less than $15 dollars a board was the cheapest offer I've ever found for a skateboard. On the same website, a single deck would cost at least $22 to $23.

I decided to spend $145 on 10 decks and would try to sell each board for at least $20.

I did a little bit of advertising on craigslist but I've only managed to sell the products in person.

After 7 months, I've sold 4 decks for a total of $85.

It doesn't seem very impressive, but I didn't really put that much effort into doing so.

So far, I just need to sell 3 more decks to break even and every other sale will be for profit.

Once everything is sold, I'll have made a profit of $60.

While not as successful as I anticipated, it was still a fun thing to try.

I'd encourage everyone to at least try an idea they have. See if it can make some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment