Amazon

Thursday, April 26, 2018

The ideal place to live

In the past, I thought about buying a steel shipping container. I'd convert it into a dwelling and live somewhere remote where no one would bother me. I was in a different place a few years ago.

Since things got better, I've had the aspirations about buying an actual house (or double wide). After looking at different locations, I had an idea of where I wanted to live.

I want to live somewhere very rural with a low population. I want to be far away from a school zone and close enough to a Home Depot and Walmart.

The reason for this is cost/taxes. School systems are generally the biggest driver of property taxes. However, I do want to be close enough to get all the supplies and food I need.

The ideal house I want is about 1000 square feet. One thing I noticed is these types of houses are typically very old. I've looked at dozens of houses and these sort of houses were typically built from the 1950s and 1960s. After the 1960s or 1970s, these sorts of houses weren't built that much in my state.

Being a single man without a wife or children, a small house is just perfect. A smaller house also means less "house" to maintain and make repairs when things eventually break.

The sort of area I am looking for tends to be a low population area. More population equals more commerce and more houses and more restaurants. However more population also equals more competition and more competition means higher prices for things like real estate.

In the rural area of the southeast, I was looking at a house that was 1000 square feet, built in the 1960s, and cost less than $50,000. It was the perfect house. In the next few years, I hope to purchase that sort of property. While I could purchase the property today, there are some other goals I'm trying to meet right now.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhGI0_o90s
    I think you'll like this song. Its not a rick roll I promise

    ReplyDelete