Amazon

Monday, April 23, 2018

Truth hurts

Video by Aaron Clarey.

After watching his video, I'm reminded of this one girl I knew from church.

She racked up multiple thousands of dollars worth of debt to get a degree in art history. A few years ago, I talked to her about what she was planning to do in life. She told me she was planning to get a master's degree to major in art therapy.

Quickly, I asked about how much tuition cost and she said it was about $80,000. I asked her how much she expected to make and she said about $55,000. Looking up the salary for that particular title, the median salary was $45,000. She was already making that amount as a school teacher.

I asked her if she really wanted to do art therapy and she took offense and got kind of angry at me. Looking back on things, I kind of wish I took the evil route. I should have encouraged her to go above and beyond and get a doctorate in her field of study.

No comments:

Post a Comment