Amazon

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day 13 and 14 results

Week 5 is the easy week. The heaviest weight I had to lift was 205. There isn't any struggle or strain to lift something sort of heavy like 245.

Once again, while I'm writing this, I'm listening to The Black Brigade's latest podcast. Go ahead and listen to them if you don't already. They put out a great podcast each Thursday.

The workout schedule for week 5 is as follows.

Incline Bench: 185 at 3 reps, 165 at 5 reps, 145 at 6 reps
Bench Press: 205 at 5 reps, 185 at 6 reps, 165 at 7 reps
Bar Dips: 50 lbs attached at 6 reps, 25 lbs attached at 6 reps, body weight at 6 reps
Dumbbell Flyes: 50 at 6 reps, 40 at 8 reps, 30 at 10 reps

Once again, this 12 week plan to get you to bench 300 lbs can be found at bodybuilding.com.

Week 6 is a rest week. I feel a sort of challenge when lifting 185 at the incline because its tough to get the initial lift up when the bar is only a foot away from your chest. According to this program, I'm pretty close to the maximum amount for the incline bench press. The max amount for incline bench press is on 205 at 3 reps.

Speaking of maximum weights, I know this program gets you up to bench 300 max. It shows that on week 12 you lift 305 for a one rep max. My whole goal is just to lift 300 so I only have to do one day out of week 12. I'm already half way through the program.

For the bar dips, the maximum weight is 105 lbs attached to your body weight for 3 reps. Bar dips was something I never really did that much before this program. Before this program, the go to excessive I went to after the bench was pull ups. Even then, the most weight I attached to my body was 60 lbs.

Dumbbell flies is something else I didn't really do before this program but the max weight I'll have to do is 65 at 6 reps. These are hard. I can feel my tendons and joints pain when I'm doing 60 at 4 reps.

Today is the last day of week 5 then week 6 gets hard.

On Monday, I'll see if I can lift 265 3 times. I hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment