Amazon

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Stardusk Minimalist Video

I do really enjoy Stardusk's content. On his channel, he has covered several unique topics such as conflict minerals, eating insects, and male mother need. He has very interesting thoughts and ideas.

One aspect I really admire about his is his practice of minimalism. Minimalism has been spoken about before. Aaron Clarey dedicates a chapter to it in Enjoy the Decline. However, it is good to hear the same concepts validated by multiple people. Stardusk's recent video goes into good detail about minimalism.

Instead of working long and hard for material wealth, a minimalist values time and freedom more than the material wealth. More than anything else, I value my freedom. More than money, fame, sex, or power, I just want my freedom.

When I see celebrities or top business executives in the media, I am envious. But I am not envious of their mansions, cars, or material things. I envy them because I know they could just drop everything they are working on and live out the rest of their lives doing whatever they please (provided they don't may really bad decisions).

I do take comfort in the fact that a man does not need to become a millionaire in order to be free. He just has to make sure not to waste money on bad decisions.

In Stardusk's video, he states that he works only a few hours a week. He doesn't need or want to drive. He lives in a single flat and has been wearing the same clothes for over 8 years. His only real costs are rent, food, and health insurance. While the average person would not envy this sort of lifestyle, I can see the benefits to this life style.

Stardusk has so much time do do what he enjoys such as reading, studying, playing video games, exercise, and other things. It is no vacation in Dubai but it beats out working 60 hours a week. As the old saying goes, "the worst day of fishing is better than the best day of work".

I admire his monk like sort of lifestyle. Hopefully, I'll find more people that will promote minimalism in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment