Amazon

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The reason I don't tell girls that I skate.

It was a few years ago when I was with a girl that had an interest in skateboarding. At the time, I thought this would be a good opportunity to show her how to skate.

We met at the skatepark and I let her ride one of my spare boards. I told her to push with the back foot and put the back foot back on when she was done pushing. After a few pushes, she gained some momentum and was rolling forward. But then she started leaning to the right. I thought she would correct her balance but she just kind of fell over like a fallen tree. She also didn't know how to catch herself with her arms, so she just kind of fell to her right side and smacked her head on the ground.

It was at that point when I was feeling a little nervous. I just thought to myself, "Maybe that won't happen again."

She looked kind of hurt and said her head was starting to swell up but she got back up and wanted to try to ride again. I couldn't say no to that enthusiasm so I gave her simple directions. I told her to push to one side of the skatepark and come back. She did pretty well but she wanted to know how to turn. I told her just to lean on her toe or heel edge to turn frontside or backside.

But then she fell over again, cut her elbows and hit her head again. After that spill, I realized I had a helmet in my car and I let her wear it but then I felt bad that I hadn't thought about giving her the helmet before hand.

After watching me for a bit she wanted to know how to ollie. I told her to stand on the skateboard and jump on one foot (the foot sitting on the tail). To her credit, she got the board up off the ground but she didn't level out her feet. So she landed on her back foot and slipped backwards and landed on her arm and shoulder but at least she was wearing a helmet this time. It was at that moment that I was thinking "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea."

By the time we had finished, she had scrapped elbows, a headache, and a scrape somewhere on her forehead. She took pictures of her wounds and posted them on facebook. All her friends were shocked and asked what happened to her. "Oh, I was just skateboarding with Loki."

And this is why I don't tell girls that I skate.

2 comments:

  1. http://freedompowerandwealth.com

    You are such a “brutal” guy. But girls can handle those would much better than most guys thing – you only have to ignore all the complaining, the many words they make. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete