Amazon

Thursday, November 5, 2015

This is why everyone in the office hates me.

When I first started working my my office space a few years ago, my boss recommended that we get an Ipod and play music in the back ground. I wasn't to fond of the idea because I just really don't like today's music and the other staff likes to put the station on today's hits.

So, I remember listening to Lordz, Macklemore, and that say something I'm giving up on you song. There was also the locked out of heaven song by Bruno Mars and the marry that girl anyway song. And that is the thing about today's music, it just isn't manly at all.

So my boss would put me in charge of Pandora and for fun I would just type in the name of different countries. Because if we can listen to all the music, why just relegate ourselves to songs in the English language. So in the office, it was common to hear Icelandic folk songs inbetween European techno music and Buddhist monk chanting. In addition to that, I would add Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears to the mix just to annoy customer service.

Throughout the cycle, the song Ponponpon popped up and my coworkers were staring daggers at me while Japanese pop was playing. I also got the Dutch version of Barbie Girl in the cycle. I love the Dutch version because the male vocals sounds like Hitler and everyone mistakes the language for German.

As a side effect, I started developing a taste for horrible music. A smile comes to my face whenever I hear the song Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus or Just Dance by Lady Gaga.

Today, we don't really use the Ipod very much anymore. Everyone just kind of sticks in a pair of earbuds and listen to whatever on their laptops.

1 comment:

  1. http://freedompowerandwealth.com

    An interesting episode. I made a few experiences myself (also at work) when it comes to music which is not mainstream. The results are very similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete