Amazon

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Inbetween jobs the first time (part 4)

The other big takeaway from the class was that insurance policies can be customized with all different types of options. They really are just like cars or houses in that every policy can be tailored to suit every individuals needs. However, nothing ever comes for free. Extra benefits and perks will come at the cost of higher premiums. After one week, I started studying all the materials and notes and made sure to set a testing date at a testing facility. When that was completed, I got my results as soon as the test was over and I passed.

When February arrived, I repeated the same process again. I went to a one week class to learn about property and casualty insurance. After the week was done, I studied the materials and then took a test at a testing facility. By the end of February, I had my license to sell life insurance and I was about to get my license to sell property and casualty. I was about to start gaining experience in the field until I got a phone call one day.

January 2012
For the month of January, I spent a total of $583.45. After gainful employment ended, my monthly expenses should have dropped from $550 to about $400 because I wouldn’t have to spend money on gas. This wasn’t quite the case as I started new endeavors. I decided to sign up for the insurance classes to become qualified to sell life insurance. The class costed $140 to attend. My insurance premium was $146.80. I spent $153 on gas by filling up my tank 4 times. Even though I didn’t drive to work anymore, I still drove to the sales company to get training and I visited friends with my free time. I spent a lot less money on fast food as I only spent $39.54 by eating out 5 times.  

February 2012
For the month of February, I spent a total of $793.35. While I was hundreds of dollars over budget, I didn’t feel so bad as I started to receive unemployment benefits. I spent $239.20 on business expenses. Of the $239.20, $180 was the fee to take the exam for the life insurance and property/casualty exam. Before I could get my life insurance license, I had to get myself fingerprinted which cost $59.20. Unfortunately, my premium for car insurance increased to $204. I called my insurance agent just to confirm that rates all around my state increased due to an increase of claims in 2011. I spent $105 on gas by filling up my tank 3 times. I spent $92.82 on fast food by eating out 7 times. One of these times was with Julia. I spent $43 on tax preparation. The tax company I went to had a special where they would file federal for free so I only had to pay for the state filing. While I could have filed by myself easily, I wanted to get it done fast and efficiently. I spent $17.82 buying motor oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment