Amazon

Saturday, February 11, 2017

16 Painful Interviews (part 11)

Towards the end of April, I was contacted by the operations manager at the telecom company I interviewed with earlier. They asked me for a list of references. I was careful not to get my hopes up and sent the paperwork to her. After a few more days, they asked me to send some more paperwork and they sent me an award letter to state I’d be starting on with the company in May as a staff accountant.

I thought I would never become an accountant but now I finally had the chance. Eagerly, I took a look at the salary and I would be paid $36600 a year. Immediately, I got the impression that I was hired simply because I offered to do the job for cheaper than anyone else did. Since the median salary for a staff accountant at the time was $45000, I realized I was being paid in the bottom 10% of staff accountants in the country. However, being that I was in no place to negotiate, I was glad just to be making money again. If I stayed there long enough, I was sure I could grow my skill set and maybe get promoted and move up the corporate ladder.



April 2013
For the month of April, I spent a total of $994.86. I went way past budget but I was okay spending the money because I got the news I was hired to be an accountant. My auto insurance was $191 and my health insurance was $41.91. I spent $92.65 on fast food be eating out 20 times. Before starting a new job and commute, I wanted to take care of my car a little bit. I spent $181.14 on two tires to replace my front tires and $30 to get them installed on my car. I bought a bicycle for $100.64 just because I wanted to ride a bicycle from time to time before my job started in May. I spent $10 to enter a skatepark and another $34.93 on wristguards. I spent $26.93 on groceries. I spent $32.82 on new clothes to get ready for my new job. I also spent $43.18 on DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment