Amazon

Thursday, February 9, 2017

16 Painful Interviews (part 9)

The day finally arrived. It was April 13th, 2013. I looked at my phone and it read that I had zero days of service left. Julia never called me or sent me a message. It was clear that she just didn’t want me anymore and it was very likely that she had someone else. Finally, it was all over. It was all over.

No, it was not over. It would never be over. We would never interact, but I would still keep thinking about her. Growing up, I’ve always had the problem of getting hung up on the last girl or the girl that I grew the closest to. During 2006, I developed a crush on this girl in high school. Her name was Cindy and we started to grow close during the last semester of high school we shared. During that time, I started to grow into a stronger body and felt more confident about myself. I read a book about picking up women. Also, the class we shared was a theater class. I had a hidden talent for making people laugh and drawing attention to myself on stage. Because of this, I got the attention of a few girls in that class and they really liked me. But I didn’t care about them, except for Cindy. I looked forward to sixth period every day and I looked forward to having the chance to spend time with her. I did everything I could to build up the sexual tension with her and flirt with her. She even said she considered dumping her prom date in order to go with me. But, I had no end game. Eventually, I let everything fall to pieces. We both went to the same college but I couldn’t make anything happen. Even though I wanted her so much, I couldn’t have her. Despite that, I thought about her almost daily from 2006 until … I got to better know Julia. Cindy was on my mind daily for at least five years. Losing Julia would be like a phantom pain that wouldn’t really go away.

But to treat the phantom pain, I played a couple of video games. There was a franchise I had been following since 2008 about a lone soldier that sneaks into enemy bases to destroy nuclear equipped walking tanks. The last installment was released in 2010 but news was released in 2012 that said another game was being developed. A few trailers were released and I’d watch these trailers almost daily. A new trailer was released in April and it was incredibly tragic. The lone soldier was flying in a helicopter only to see his base of operations being destroyed and sinking into the ocean. After touching down to rescue a few men, he finds himself in a hospital falling into a coma. After waking up, he struggles to sneak out the hospital while an army infiltrates to kill everyone inside. The soldier and one other guy manage to steal an ambulance and crash their way out of the hot zone. All of this was done while he was missing an arm and had a hunk of shrapnel lodged in his head. It was an emotionally charged trailer. I desperately awaited a release date.

March 2013
For the month of March, I spent a total of $482.46. It was the first month I ever kept my expenses below $500. My premium for car insurance was $191. My premium for health insurance was $41.91. I spent $88 on gas by filling up my tank 4 times. I spent $55.78 on fast food by eating out 13 times. I spent $24 on restaurants by eating with some friends. I spent $23.53 on groceries. I spent $26.46 on clothes.


No comments:

Post a Comment