Amazon

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Dear God. Three Campus Shootings in One Day.

On a daily basis, I like to check out ZeroHedge as my first news source. I like to see how dire the situation is out there. It seems like on Friday, there were school shootings in Arizona, Kentucky, and Texas, and this is only one week after that crazy person started shooting students in Oregon.

I kind of feel lucky getting though school in one piece. Okay, now that is just an exaggeration but it seems like these school shootings are increasing in frequency. As a young kid, the first real incident I remember was the Columbine School shooting. I think Columbine occurred in 1999. The next real incident I remember was when I was in college. I heard about the Virginia Tech shooter in 2007. So that was an eight year spread.

I remember in 2012, the Sandy Hook incident happened. Sandy Hook was an odd case because that was an elementary school. Sandy Hook was an odd case because it was an elementary school and the shooter wasn't a student. He was in his twenties. 2007 to 2012 is a five year spread.

Just a few weeks ago, that crazy guy killed 8 people in Oregon Community College. 2012 to 2015 is just a 3 year spread. Then a few days later, there are 3 school shootings all in the same day.

Being that I checked ZeroHedge just today, I haven't seen this story yet on the news. However, I'm expecting to see in on mainstream news (television news) tomorrow morning when I'm ordering my breakfast.

At these rates, I get the feeling that these campus shootings will become more and more common. When the economy goes down the drain, kids are raised in broken homes, and when kids are doped up with medication there will be people just snapping and going crazy.

Personally, I never experienced this sort of violence first hand. When I was in middle school, some unhinged man hit a girl in the head with a hammer but I don't recall anyone getting shot. Although when I was in college, I heard reports of students getting mugged or stabbed.

Colleges may just be getting more and more dangerous. Since most of them ban guns, they become easy targets for deranged maniacs. Students still attending classes on campus should probably practice some more situation awareness.

Every room you are in, make sure you know where the exits are and stick close to them. Try to limit the time spent on campus and see if you can take more classes online. Try to map out in your mind where cover is. It might seem a little silly but I think that if the world keeps getting crazier, you might start to see people wear bullet proof vests, swat helmets, and riot shields.

Be safe out there.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm starting to feel the same way more so each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tell young men that the greatest thing in life is fame and women- then tell them that they will never have either.

    The media makes school shooters into celebrities and women send him their underwear.

    Quite frankly I am not surprised there are not more school shootings.

    BTW. Fancy a link exchange? http://londonga.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I really liked that last post about the suffragettes. I'm going to eventually add a side bar to my blog and have blogs linked there. I'll add some of yours to the sidebar.

      Delete
    2. Thanks mate. I have added you to the London Money as this seemed more on topic for this blog but I will add you to London Gentleman Revival too.

      Delete