Amazon

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

No one ever asked me out, but this one broad asked to marry me.

There was this one time I was sitting at my desk getting my work done. At the other side of the room, one of the girls was trying to figure out if it was worth her time to open up a savings account. I would guess that she only had a checking account. She asked if there were any tax consequences for having a savings account and I told her no. Putting money into a savings account doesn't make it subject to extra taxes.

She wanted to figure out if having a savings account would be worth her time so she asked me how much money I save each month. So I tell her "a figure". She looks at me for a moment and then says the following.

"No. How much money do you save in a month."

I then tell her the same figure I did in the first place.

She then pauses for a second and looks at me and then says the following.

"Will you marry me? I don't spend a lot of money. I promise."

I politely declined. Of course, she was just joking, I knew she wasn't serious. And she was a good looking girl, don't get me wrong. Marriage and children just sound like a lot of work and I get more than enough work at my job. I'd rather just go fishing or play some texas hold'em.

5 comments:

  1. Do you not desire a handful of little junior accountants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really but now I'm picturing five year old children scanning papers for me, sorting emails, and reconciling bank accounts.

      Delete
  2. Based on previous posts he says he does not. But the desire to leave a legacy and see your face in the face of a child satisfies a primal drive.

    I perfectly understand why someone would hesitate to bring about new lives into this society. But also, the way things have turned out makes it all the more important that smart and conscientious people succeed in the great game, to spite the base modern order simply because it does everything in its power to crush those with thought and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a saying in the UK.

    A woman is very picky who she talks to- but she will marry absolutely anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I was looking through some of your posts and I saw you were approached for an interview sometime ago. I was surprised, I heard the event referenced in some videos a while ago but I never knew that was you. I gotta go back and watch that video again.

      Delete