Amazon

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sam Hyde at Tedx

Tedx must be one of the more annoying series of videos I've heard about on youtube. While I've only watched two or three talks, each episode seems to follow the same format. Some pompous personality will trot on stage and spend 15 minutes of time talking about fluff and pure emotion. There is barely anything of substance being said.

With Tedx, I remember seeing one video about some 14 year old kid just talking about how he just wanted to be happy. Another woman was talking about the benefits of stress. And I just think of how silly Tedx seems. Notably, Tedx is different from Ted Talks. Just about anyone can get on Tedx. This is why I even saw professional skateboarder Rodney Mullen talk about innovating skateboard tricks through his career.

But even though I admire Rodney Mullen, his presentation just seemed so silly. He gets way to emotional about tricks but that might just be his regular personality.

But recently, I came to the conclusion that Tedx doesn't even vet the people that give presentations. Last week, I was listening to the Bechtloff podcast and one of his guests mentioned the Tedx talk given by Sam Hyde. In the into to the 2070 Paradigm Shift, Sam lied about being a journalist for Vice, Nat Geo, and visiting the most dangerous city on Earth which was a made up city name.

During his presentation, he talks about ocean floor sea farming, milking lactating Americans, human pleasure domes, and the final solution to the elderly and disabled.

The talk was the ultimate troll job and I think he was expecting to get pulled off of the stage at any moment. For the love of St. Mary, the guy is dressed up in plastic gladiator armor and a running suit for his presentation. He makes outrageous claims of working for the Tesla start up and teaching JavaScript to African refugees. 

But if Tedx will just let anyone give a presentation, I'd like everyone to check out my Tedx talk about how the new world order is putting barium dioxide into my Coco Puffs next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment