Amazon

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cutting your own hair


Cost saving: Cutting hair.

Annual Savings $20 to $120.

Cutting your own hair is one way to save extra money.
Last I checked, the cheapest place I've gotten my hair cut cost me $20 each time (tip included).

Each week I walk through Walmart, I see the WHAL clipper for about $25 or $30.
After enough time, I decided just to buy it and try it out.

For a man that can go through life with a shaved head, a WHAL clipper would be one of the most useful things to have.

But I like having my thick hair to some extent. Granted, when I started cutting my own hair, I had no idea what I was doing.

Just go slow and take it a little off at a time. But if you screw up, don't worry, it will grow back.
I shaved off most of my hair in October because I screwed it up really bad.

Cutting your own hair is kind of fun too. You can see what your hair does and cut it how you like. Its like extra customization.

Some men will go a year without a hair cut.
On the other hand, some men get a hair cut every other month.
My guess is that most men get a hair cut about once a season.

4 hair cuts * $20 = $80 a year
Subtract the cost of the clipper ($25) and you have a $55 saving for the first year and $80 each year after until the clipper breaks.

1st year monthly savings = $4.58
2nd year and so on monthly savings = $6.67

The cost saving may not be worth it for every man.
I would recommend shaving your head at least once to see if you can deal with it.
Buy a hair clipper and see if you like cutting your hair.

An extra bonus is that now I don't have to drive out to my barber 4 times a year.
It may sound lazy but time is important.


No comments:

Post a Comment