Amazon

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Save money by being healthy

Most of the things you can do to save money is to avoid buying or doing stuff.

To save yourself a lot of cash and still have stuff to do, its best to spend your time doing stuff that is very cheap.

Probably the cheapest hobby I have ever had is running.
I'm not a very good runner but even I was able to run 5 miles in about 53 minutes.

Running is free. It costs next to nothing to do.

The only problem is that running sucks for most people. The hardest thing to do is to just get up and do it.
But to stay motivated, the best suggestion I can give is to track your progress. After each run, record your time and distance ran. Then, set some goals for yourself and try to achieve them. Its like playing xbox and hunting for achievements.

Obviously, there are health benefits to staying in shape, but there is another benefit to spending more time running.

The more time you spend doing something like running, the less time you leaving available to do something more expensive like going to a bar, spending money on video games, or dating.
To see this effect, you will have to spend several hours running. Not an easy thing to do.

But running isn't the only option.

There might be a pool/aquatic center in your county and membership could cost maybe $15 to $20 a month. I only recommend that if you really like swimming. Otherwise, you could spend $5 for a few hours at the pool.

I've been a skateboarder for 13 years. Luckily for me, I live in a place where there are free concrete skateparks. Off the top of my head, I've easily gotten over 1000 hours of free entertainment.

Last year, I decided to buy a mountain bike at Wal Mart for about $100.
Not having ridden a bike regularly for over 8 years, it was so much fun just to ride around.
If you buy a bicycle for $100 and ride it for just 10 hours, each hour of entertainment only cost $10. And the more time you spend riding, the cheaper your entertainment gets.

Hobbies are very useful. I'd encourage people to get out there and do something healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment