Amazon

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Why I Hate Traveling

Sometimes, I wonder how I got so lucky in life.

Given a choice between flying to Italy for a week to see the Leaning Tower and sitting at home for a week to play XBOX, I'd rather sit at home and play some COD.

I hate doing something that the vast majority of people enjoy. And a lot of women encourage me greatly to go see different countries.

To that I say to them, "Do you know how much that costs?"

My mom likes to travel to Taiwan once every two years. Each time, her round trip ticket is at least $1000 in the season that she goes.

It makes my brain bleed that a person would spend that much on a plane ticket.
$1000 is 50 ounces of silver.
$1000 is 2/3 the value of my car.
$1000 is 5 playstation 3s
$1000 is 2 ipad airs
(as of 4/12/14)

$1000 is just the cost of the plane ticket to Taiwan. This amount doesn't include cost of food, lodging, and doing fun stuff.

Also, traveling requires planning, packing, scheduling time off work, getting gate raped in airport security, and spending 1.5 to 2 days on a plane.

If I do travel, I'd much rather just stay domestic.

Take a week off work, check out stuff in the city of Atlanta.

Visit the high museum, world of coke, Botanical Garden, aquarium.
All that at a fraction of the cost of flying to another country.


I imagine what it would be like if my mom travels to Taiwan 30 times in her life.
At $1000 a ticket, that comes out to $30,000 over a lifetime.
$30,000 is my living expenses for 3.65 years of my life.

Before you decide to travel, make sure you really want to do so. And still, consider what you could rather do with the cost of the plane ticket, lodging, and expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment