Amazon

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Why I hate Obamacare

This post will have no political opinions. These are only have facts.

In the Fall of 2012, I decided to get some health insurance.

Since I was building my wealth, I wanted to protect my wealth if I got injured skateboarding or in a car accident.

I got a plan from Humana. It was a High Deductable Health Insurance Plan.
The deductible was $10,000. After that, 100% of the costs would be covered.
It was perfect for me, I was very satisfied with a $10,000 deductible.

My premium was slightly more than $40 a month. I was completely satisfied with my plan.

I got a new job in the Spring of 2013. In the Fall of 2013, my job offered me free health insurance.

Knowing this, I decided to cancel my plan with Humana.

After November, the health care reform laws took effect.

Just for fun, I decided to check Humana again in February of 2014 to check the premium for my old plan.

I couldn't not find a High Deductible Health Plan anymore.

The cheapest plan I could find on Humana had a monthly premium of $160 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment