Amazon

Thursday, January 26, 2017

16 Painful Interviews (part 3)

January 2013
For the month of January, I spent a total of $508.77. My premium for car insurance was $207.40. My premium for health insurance was $41.91. I spent $73.99 on gas by filling up my tank twice. I spent $31.51 on fast food by eating out 8 times. I purchased a new phone for $63.13. The phone I bought offered triple minutes for life. I bought it to save money in the long run on prepaid minutes as the old phone only offered double minutes. I spent $34.62 on groceries.

It was February and I had talked to or heard from Julia since December. I guess she just really didn’t want me anymore. I was certain that she found someone else. Nothing good would come from her but I’d talk to her if she decided to call me back. However, during the new year, I purchased a new phone. I had always used prepaid phone services and the phone I had been using gave me double minutes. During January, I found a prepaid phone that would give me triple minutes for life. I’d use the old phone until my service time expired which would be on April 14th 2013. After that, Julia would not be able to reach me. I deleted her number from my phone and I didn’t commit her number to memory. I did all of this to prevent myself from becoming a groveling simp. I couldn’t trust myself otherwise. The only way I could get in touch with her after April would be to go out of my way to talk to Ting.


Loneliness is one thing but hatred and depression was another. Repeated numbers of rejections and the utter waste of my time going to these interviews left me feeling incredibly spiteful. I was getting to the point where I was thinking I’d never become an accountant. The world was going to hell but part of me wanted to see it happen. I wanted to see everyone burn and die together. I had to remind myself that things weren’t so bad. After all, I had over $34000. I was still collecting some unemployment benefits so I wasn’t stressed for cash. When I wasn’t going to interviews or job searching, I had a good amount of time to skate, jog, lift weights, and play video games. There was even one girl that wanted to spend some time with me.

Her name was Allison. We knew each other in college and she actually reached out to me to have lunch sometime in November of 2015. I thought she was a cute girl and college and I kind of wanted to date her back in 2010 but it never worked out. With things going sour with Julia, I thought it would be nice to see if I could make something happen with Allison in the end of 2015. I never knew why she reached out to me but it seemed like dating was not her intention. She already had a boyfriend so I wondered why did she want to see me? Maybe she was using me as a backup incase things ever went south with her boyfriend. I had lunch with her twice or three times along and I enjoyed the conversations we had together. Unfortunately, every time after that, she always invited me to dinner with a group of four or five other of her friends. After the second or third time, it got pretty boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment