Amazon

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The seven month contract (part 8)

I think it was a Tuesday so I had enough time to work with. To keep true to my word, I had to call her by Saturday. I really didn’t know where to take things next. I didn’t even think I was going to get as far as I did. This was all uncharted waters. What I wanted was to just spend a day with her. Maybe we could cook something together. We hadn’t done that before so it would keep things interesting. It was also cooperative and that was the biggest thing I was going for.

By the time Saturday arrived, I made sure to call her. When she picked up, she was in a good mood. She was actually in the middle of eating a meal with some of her friends. I had this idea that we would just spend the day together doing as much fun stuff that I could think of. We’d cook some food, play some games, and go to a pawn shop to pick up some used guitars and try to learn how to play them. She was up for it.

We met at a Korean supermarket to pick up some ingredients. She really enjoyed curry so we purchased spicy curry blocks, an onion, and some noodles. Back at my house, we started to prepare the dish. While doing this, I kept on telling her anecdotes just to make her laugh. Eventually I started talking about how I thought fat girls were really gross and she took great offense to this. She used to be fat growing up through high school and she thought it was really hurtful. I didn’t want to apologize for what I said so I just tried to divert the conversation somewhere else. Unfortunately, I just made things worse and offended her ever more by suggesting that the two of us would eventually become a couple.

She called me a real jerk and said the two of us would never get together. At this point, I just stopped. Everything I seemed to do was making it worse, there was no sense in doing anything else. I blew it. She was going to eat her curry and then leave, and I would never call her or talk to her again. Everything I had done with her up to this point of time had been an utter waste of time. For a moment, I looked at her with scorn and hatred. I said nothing and just laid back on the sofa. I said nothing further. I was just waiting to for her to leave.

After a few painful moments, she looked at me and said she was sorry. I didn’t care though. We got up and went to the kitchen to get our food and we started to eat the dish. Still feeling a little hurt, she sat close right next to me so that her arm was brushing against mine. Actually, she was pressing her left side into my right side. I was still kind of mad at her but I didn’t push her away. I just ate some of the noodles. After a minute or two, I did my best to just try to force some conversation. I just asked her a question or two about some movies. When we finished our curry, we set the plates down on the coffee table. She was still pressing herself against me. I had to think about it for a moment. She was right there and she wanted my affection. Maybe I should just let it go. I took my right arm and just placed it around her. As soon as I did so, she wrapped herself around my chest and she was soon resting herself on top of me. While we held each other tight, I could feel her slowly start to squeeze me and I’d squeeze her when I felt it coming. The two of us shifted for a bit and she said it was hard to get comfortable. At that point, I suggested that my bed had more room and we would be more comfortable there.

No comments:

Post a Comment