Amazon

Monday, March 9, 2015

Thoughts about the work of pick up artists

A few days ago, I was searching for some content to listen to. I hadn't listened to Jordan Owen is sometime so I decided to see what he was up to. I had no idea the first video I saw was going to be a bombshell. It looks like Jordan and Davis split up before the completion of The Sarkeesian Effect.

It was a bummer to see the news and a lot of figures commented it in the days that followed. I took a look at some of Jordan's recent videos and saw a video of him dumping all over Roosh. It seems like Jordan really didn't like pick up artists.

In Matt Forney's latest podcast, he started dumping all over Jordan and rebutted Jordan's main arguments. Roosh doesn't identify as a pick up artist and it is insane to believe that a woman will just approach you for a romantic relationship without any work on your part.

In the middle of Matt's podcast, I heard him mention the name David DeAngelo.

David DeAngelo. I haven't heard that name in years. He was the first pick up artist I'd ever heard of and I actually read his book Double Your Dating in high school.

Even though pick up artists don't have the greatest of reputations, they provided a lot of good work. Particularly, they wrote about what creates attraction in women and why men typically fail with women. For a kid that has had no success with women at all, I would recommend that he pick up some sort of resource. At least things will start making sense and he wouldn't feel like he was wandering through the desert so much.

I've only read David's book once and this was almost 10 years ago but it was from that book I was able to learn a few things that no one had ever explained to me.

Had I asked my father for advice, he would have just said you have to take a woman out to dinner (and that's about it). Had I asked my mom, she would have said just be nice.

David's book explained a few very important facts. These are the 3 that stood out the most to me.

1. Beautiful women get approached by men every single day.
2. Women want a man who is confident and assertive.
3. Attraction doesn't just happen. You have to build it up.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but before reading this book, I believed that a woman would just come up to you. All you had to do was look manly. Needless to say this didn't work.

David emphasized repeatedly in his book to be cocky and funny. He also emphasized playful teasing in order to build up attraction. There was also the two steps forward and one step back method.

His logic was that women get approached several times on a daily basis by men who are pushovers. Since these men all are the same, the woman gets the benefit of the attention and just pushes the man away. When a woman meets a guy who is cocky, arrogant, and teases her, the woman gets confused and interested to see what the guy is all about. And when the guy gets attention from the woman, he has opportunities to build up that tension and attraction.

All throughout high school, I never had any success with girls until reading this book. After reading it and trying the techniques and adapting the mindset, I experienced an overwhelming amount of success.

However, when I look back on those experiences, I'm left with a question that I haven't found an answer to. How much of my success was due to the techniques listed in the book as opposed to my own ability?

Before reading the book, I never really made approaches to any women. While I was reading the book, I was filled with this sense of competence, power, winning, and awesomeness. It seemed like the book I was reading was a self help book or a motivational self improvement book rather than a step by step guide to get more dates/attention/girlfriends.

After reading the book, my mind went into sort of an overdrive. I created scenarios on how to interact with women. What I would say, how I would say it. How I could steer a conversation into something naughty or risque. How I could create the most amount of attraction out of a situation. I thought about tactics on how to use my body language effectively. How I could limit the space between me and the target and how we would be situated to have some very close contact. Looking back on this, it sounds like I was planning missions like an army tactical officer.

There were also a few variables I couldn't isolate. I had been lifting weight for a few years and by the last year of high school, I had some pretty good results. My biceps were large and my pecs were pretty good too. I started wearing a smaller fitted shirt that helped show off these features. The women I mentioned earlier would comment on how buff I was and would touch my biceps.

The other big variable was I was taking a class called intro to theater. It was a slack class in high school but we did get to perform a lot of skits. I've been known to be a completely different person on stage than in person. I'm really over the top and crazy actually. But several times in that class, I caused the whole class to laugh because of my performance on stage

So, to reiterate my question earlier, I don't know how much of my success was due to using the techniques in the book, or just me feeling amazing and feeling like I could say or do anything and be a winner. Me feeling like I could approach any girl and be funny, witty, manly, and handsome.
Maybe the book was just a morale booster and I was just experience a placebo effect.

Maybe I should go ahead and read Roosh's bang guides. The thing is though that I don't really have a need for those books anymore. If I read it, it would just be out of curiosity. I've heard that the guides will teach you how to be a good conversationalist.

I don't pursue women anymore. That part of my life is behind me. However, I would recommend Roosh's guides, a pick up artist book, or a game blog to any guy that his just failing with women and wants intimacy or a relationship. While I believe that life is just so much easier without getting involved in some kind of crazy relationship, I remember what it was like to feel like an inferior and unworthy person.

At least with some resources, a man can understand the world around him and why he is either succeeding or failing with women. At that point he can then make the choice to pursue women or forsake them.

Either option has its benefits and downsides.




No comments:

Post a Comment