Amazon

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week 8 results

Week 8 of the 12 week program to bench 300 pounds was successful. Week 8 was an easy week in that the heaviest weight I had to lift was 225 pounds. This was encouraging after failing week 6 and 7 with having to bench 265 pounds 3 times.

The schedule for week 8 was as follows.

Incline Bench Press: 185 pounds at 5 reps, 165 at 7 reps, 145 at 9 reps
Bench Press: 225 pounds at 4 reps, 205 pounds at 5 reps, 185 pounds at 6 reps
Bar Dips: 50 pounds attached at 8 reps, 25 pounds attached at 7 reps, body weight at 6 reps
Dumbbell Flyes: 60 pounds at 5 reps, 45 pounds at 8 reps

I was able to complete all exercises successfully.

Once again, this work out was found at bodybuilding.com. The entire 12 week plan can be found there.

This week, I was switching heavier weight for more reps. I really started feeling the strain after doing the bench press and doing bar dips with 50 pounds attached at 8 reps.

The next week becomes difficult again. I've got to start out lifting 265 pounds at 3 reps. Maybe it will be slightly easier this time. The difficulty spike will be felt earlier because the second set is 235 at 7 reps. A total of seven sets is spent on the bench press. Then week 10 will have be lifting 275 pounds. If I can lift 275 once, I'll be happy.

After all 12 weeks are complete, I'll test my max rep to evaluate the workout plan. I'll go back to week six of the program and start revising weeks to see if a revised workout would be more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment