Amazon

Thursday, March 26, 2015

What I would like to see for my fellow man

Even though I am a misanthrope, occasionally I get feelings of altruism. In today's economy, my generation shot themselves in the foot by first spending way too much money on a worthless degree. A few grand on chemical engineering is a good investment but a few grand on sociology is not.

Men live on impulse and will rack up lots of consumer debt. I think that a lot of Americans have credit card debt that they just never pay off. Carrying a balance on a credit card is just insane because the interest rate is at least 10%.

If there is something I would like to encourage everyone who reads this post to do, it is to save up a huge rainy day fund. I would encourage every man to work towards saving up $100,000.

If not $100,000, I'd encourage every man to save up as much as he possibly could. Just $10,000 or $20,000 would put a man in a much better position then the average American. Disasters can always happen. Cars can break down, injuries can happen, employment contracts can be terminated, but a large cash reserve can help a man from breaking down and falling to pieces.

Ideally, a man could build up a large amount of capital and he could get to the point where he wouldn't have to worry about making more money. Maybe that amount of capital is $50,000 or $200,000 depending on the man. Whatever the amount is, If that man just made sure he always had that large amount of capital, he would feel a lot less stress in life

Once again, I want to repeat this point. Everyone who reads this, please work on a path to save up a large amount of capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment