Amazon

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 9 results

Week 9 was difficult. I failed the work out all three days.

The work out was as follows.

Bench press 265 at 3 reps, 235 at 7 reps, 205 at 9 reps, 175 at 8 reps
Incline bench press 175 at 5 reps, 155 at 6 reps, 135 at 8 reps
Bar dips 50 pounds attached at 8 reps, 25 pounds attached at 7 reps, body weight at 6 reps
Dumbbell Flies 65 at 3 reps, 50 at 5 reps, 35 at 10 reps

Starting out, I had to bench press 265 3 times. I was able to get the first rep without any assist. The second rep, I always needed a little assist to complete the lift. The third rep, I could not come anywhere close without spotter assist.

The next was 235 at 7 reps which is really hard after doing 265. Each time, I was getting killed after the 5th rep. Sometimes I was able to get the 6th rep up with some spotter assist and I usually needed lots of assist with the 7th rep.

After 4 sets on the bench press, 175 pounds on incline felt like murder. After the incline bench, dipping 50 pounds was very strenuous.

There are only 3 weeks left. On Tuesday, I'll start out by lifting 275. I've never been able to lift 275 before without massive assist from a spotter. I'm not going to be able to lift it 3 times but if I can lift it once without spotter assist, I'll know I've made some progress

No comments:

Post a Comment